Eight hours of community service is a graduation requirement in the Saddleback Valley Unifed School District. Please submit the Community Assistance Verification Form to the office upon completion of your hours. Click here for a printable copy of the form.
Volunteer Opportunities are listed online at:
- Volunteer Match - Search by zip code (area) and keyword
- OneOC - Clearinghouse for volunteer opportunities and non-profit organization information. Provides daily, weekly, and monthly calendars of volunteer events; also searchable by location
- ServeNet - Search by zip code (area)
- County of Orange Volunteer Opportunities - everything from election day poll workers to environmental projects (Note: for many projects you must be age 18).
- Recycling at Santiago de Compostela Catholic Church - Come and help recycle the 2nd Saturday of every month in the lower church parking lot at 21682 Lake Forest Drive, Lake Forest, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. (949)951-8599
- Eco Surf Volunteers Beach Clean-ups - This volunteer organization stages beach clean-ups throughout the year along our coastline. Check their website for the next scheduled activities.
- Surfrider Foundation Saturday Beach Clean-ups - Volunteers are needed for Saturday beach clean-ups each month. Bags and gloves are provided. For further information, contact http://www.surfrider.org/southorangecounty or call (949) 206-2523.
- South County Outreach - Call Don Ruff, Volunteer Coordinator at (949) 380-8144, ext. 206 to check on volunteer opportunities. SC Outreach is located at 26776 Vista Terrace, Lake Forest, CA 92630. http://www.saddlebackoutreach.org/
- Second Harvest Food Bank - Numerous opportunities are available to assist with feeding the hungry in Orange County. Sorting and labeling is an easy way to start (learn more). Kids of all ages can plant seeds, pick weeds, and harvest at the Incredible Edible Park in Irvine (learn more). Check the organization's website for information: http://www.feedoc.org/volunteer.html
- South County Safe Rides (SCSR) - Non-profit organization, sanctioned by the Boy Scouts of America and based out of Mission Hospital, that provides a safe and confidential ride home to youth in need.
- Selected Friday and Saturday evenings 9:30pm - 2:00am, October through June
- Serve as a dispatcher or as part of a travel team as a driver or navigator
Contact Georgie Mercado 364-7754 Mission Hospital Office Mgr., Trauma Services /Prehospital Care or e-mail Georginne.Mercado@stjoe.org
- Families Forward - An non-profit community organization dedicated to helping homeless and low-income families in Orange County become self-sufficient. Check for volunteers opportunities at: http://www.families-forward.org/volunteer_individual_opportunites.htm