Important Letter to Parents of Graduating Seniors regarding eligibility for participation in senior events/graduation.
(click here to read in
English and Spanish)
Cap and Gown Order Information
Basic cap and gown package includes cap, gown, tassel and 10 announcements at a cost of $50.00 (cash or mail check by April 14, 2017). Prices go up to $75.00 on May 1 and correct sizing is no longer guaranteed. Click for printable order form.
Students must be debt-free and have satisfied all requirements to participate in graduation.
Important Events & Dates for 2017Graduating Seniors
- Cap and Gown Photos - April 4, 2017
- All seniors will be photographed in cap & gown for yearbook
- Packages and photo announcements available for purchase
- Prom - May 19, 2017, 7:00-11:00pm - Costa Mesa Country Club
- $60.00 per ticket; bids go on sale April 3 - May 11
- Three course dinner included - dinner served promptly at 7:30pm
- All grades of Silverado and Mira Monte are eligible to attend
- Students may bring a non-SHS or MM guest under 21 years of age with prior approval
- Tickets and permission slips available April 3-May 11 in the Front Office.
- Magic Mountain Trip for Honor Roll & ASB - June 2, 2017
- $40 per ticket
- Only one bus going, so sign up ASAP if you qualify!
- Tickets and permission slips will be available from Ms. Cascardo
- Grad Nite - Universal Studios-Thursday, June 8-9, 2017, 2:00pm - 3:30am
- Seniors only, but students may bring a non-SHS/MM guest under the age of 21 with prior approval
- Students arrive at 2:00p.m. Students will be searched before boarding the bus. Bus leaves at 3:00p.m. Students must ride bus to attend.
- Event lasts until 2:00a.m. Bus departs at 2:30a.m.
- $90.00 per ticket. Tickets and permission slips available in the front office starting May 1st. First come, first serve.
- Graduation - Cap and Gown Ceremony - Friday, June 16, 2017 - Laguna Hills Community Center
- Basic package includes cap, gown, tassel and 10 annoucements at a cost of $50.00. Cash only or mail form with check.
- May 1st prices go up to $75.00 and correct sizing is no longer guaranteed!
- Ceremony begins at 3:30pm at the Laguna Hills Community Center
- Students must have all coursework completed and be debt-free to participate
- Each graduate will receive four tickets to the ceremony. (For additional tickets, please see Mrs. Garamoni, Asst. Prinicipal.)
- Other important dates
- June 2, 2017 - All GEARS assignments are due
- June 9, 2017 - All Community Service and Off Campus PE hours due
- All graduation requirements must be met and students must be in good standing (no debts, no demerits) in order to participate in the commencement ceremony.